Plugins Fail On Latest CRM 2011 Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution that contains plugins. The plugins use classes generated by CrmSvcUtil. I have no issues with this solution on CRM 2011 on-premise nor on an online trial account that I opened some 2 months ago. However, it fails on a trial account I opened just a couple days ago. The error is:

Business Process Error, Unexpected exception from plug-in (Execute): ...: System.ArgumentException: The specified type 'Xrm.Account' is not a known entity type.

Has something changed in the latest CRM online deployment or why is this not working anymore? Also if indeed something has changed then how do I manage the deployment of my solution to different versions of CRM 2011?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can go debug your online plugin and find exactly where it fails. Follow the link to debug the online plugin:

http://guruprasadcrm.blogspot.in/2011/11/how-to-debug-crm-2011-online-plugin.html

Regards, Karan Mittal
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:57 PM
  • Thanks. This is a very helpful post. Unfortunately, it did not get me anywhere. On the Call Stack I see

[pluginName]!Xrm.XrmServiceContext.AccountSet.get() Line 173333
    PluginRegistration.exe!PluginRegistrationTool.DebugPluginForm.ExecutePluginButton_Click(...)

If I look at the details of the error I get

System.ArgumentException "The specified type 'Xrm.Account' is not a known entity type"
    Stack Trade:
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceContext.CheckEntitySubclass(Type entityType)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceContext.CreateQuery[TEntity]()
       at Xrm.XrmServiceContext.get_AccountSet()
       at [plugin].[plugin].Execute(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)

So for some reason Account is not being found. The same works just fine on a trial account that I opened a couple months ago but not on the new trial account.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:38 PM
  • I will recommend that generate the cs file again using CrmSvcUtil for your new online organization.

Update it in plugin and then try to register the plugin again.

I think there is something wrong with the class generated from crmsvcutil

Regards, Karan Mittal
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:19 PM