Configuration Step 4 WMI MSFT_SIPPoolConfigSetting error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've successfully created my pool using the configuration tool, and setup my DNS entries according to the documentation, but when I try to configure the pool I receive the following error:

Unable to retrieve the WMI setting of MSFT_SIPPoolConfigSetting from pool backend 'MyServer.FQDN'. (Error code: 0x80041010)

I'm using a domain administrator account in a Windows 2003 domain and a SQL 2005 SP1 database.

One thing I find interesting is that if I use ScriptOMatic to query the WMI entries, I see MSFT_SIPPoolConfigSetting but is has no values.  There is another setting that looks fairly similar, MSFT_SIPPoolSetting which is populated with my SIP Pool information.

I was wondering if anyone else had run into this problem or could offer any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim Kay

Thursday, April 5, 2007 3:59 PM

Answers

• Due to the lack of response to this post, it has been locked and marked as abandoned. Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 9:46 PM

All replies

• Hello,

On the OCS 2007 BE SQL 2005 server go to the Run line and enter WBEMTEST click on OK

Enter root\cimv2 and choose to connect

Click on the Enum Instances button and enter MSFT_SIPPoolConfigSetting - this will return Backend="name of the back end server" and Instance ID="{GUID} "

Click on the Enum Instances button and enter MSFT_SIPPoolSetting - this will return and Instance ID="{GUID} - the GUIDs should not match

You can use wbemtest to perform the same research using the Open Instance button. This will show you the _PATH and _Server which should contain the name of the OCS 2007BE server in each entry. Click on the Instance button here and make sure that each one of then shows you the correct Instance information that you just viewed.

The error that you are getting is mapped to this text

WBEM_E_INVALID_CLASS
    0x80041010
    The specified class is not valid.

Now from the same server I would like you to run c:\>lcscmd /forest:<FQDN of forest> /action:CheckForestprepState - from the folder that has the OCS 2007 EE Installation .

If you get any errors during this research record them. The return them to me in a reply. THe OCS 2007 configuration tool should create a HTML log in your %temp% folder. Open it and drill down to where the error occurs first to find out what part of the process is failing. Remember errors will be in RED and warnings in YELLOW

Friday, April 6, 2007 12:16 AM
  • How was it that you were able to create the pool?  I still havent figured out how that plays into all of this.  Under my admin console I have folder for Enterprise pools but it doesnt expand nor give you any options or properties.

What configuration tool are you referring too?

Friday, April 6, 2007 5:39 PM
  • The configuration tool I'm talking about is the one that runs when you launch deploy.exe from the same folder that setup.exe is found in.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 2:18 PM
  • Mike,

When I run Enum Instances for MSFT_SIPPoolConfigSetting I receive the following error:  Number 0x80041010 Facility: WMI  Description: Invalid Class.  This is the same error I recieved before and it tells me that this WMI class isn't populated properly.  The MSFT_SIPPoolSetting entry does return a GUID without any problems.

Is there any way to force this WMI indicator to be added?

I ran the lcscmd.exe line as you specified and it did not come back with any errors at all.

I will add a little more history for this setup.  I originally installed LCS 2005 on this server but then removed it and added OCS instead.  I'm not sure if that would affect this problem, but you never know.

Thanks,

Jim

Monday, April 9, 2007 2:30 PM
  • When I launch the Deploy.exe file in the same location as the setup.exe it just opens the same window.  That is, the same setup screen I used to install OCS 2007.  Is the configuration tool you are referring to?

How did you create your Enterpise pool?  Is that only created when you enable some of these other services such as Archiving or Edge Server (what ever that is)?  I guess I want to know what the purpose of the pool is?

Monday, April 9, 2007 2:34 PM
  • Walt,

That is the configuration tool I'm talking about.  Did you go through the steps found under either "Deploy Pools in a Consolidated Topology" or "Deploy Pools in an Expanded Toplology"?

-Jim

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:30 AM
  • Jim,

We support the migration from LCS 2005 SP1 to OCS 2007 so your prior LCS 2005 Pool should nor be an issue if it was removed for Active Directory prior to your installation attempt of OCS 2007. Before we can go any further I need to know to what extent LCS 2005 was installed on you network. Was it completely installed / users assigned to a home sevrer or pool / fully functional for messaging on your network. The reason I ask is if the LCS 2005 Pool has the same namespace as the OCS 2005 then there could be issues if the LCS 2005 pool was not remved completely from AD. Please post an answer and I will reply

MIke Adkins

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Hi Jim,

If you have solved your issue, can you share it with the forums?Were you able to follow Mike Adkins' instructions and resolve your issue?

If not, please let us know and post any other information you may have.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 11:47 PM
  • Due to the lack of response to this post, it has been locked and marked as abandoned. Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 9:46 PM