Undeliverable Emails From Outlook Client only when they are tracked! RRS feed

• Question

• When I send a "tracked" email from the Outlook client the email bounces back undeliverable with the following message:

This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. Error is [0x80070005-0x80070005-0x000508].

I can send an email from the web client.

I can send an email from outlook that is not tracked.

The error only occurs when I send the email from Outlook when I have requested to track the email.

Any help is greatly appreciated, this issue appears across multiple users.

Friday, August 3, 2007 9:33 PM

Answers

• Outgoing email (whether through Outlook or the web interface) does not use the CRM Email Router or the CRM mailbox, so it has nothing to do with this.

The email itself will be sent in the same way as other emails that are not tracked, but at some point the Outlook CRM Client must intervene to add the email as a record in CRM. The error code looks to me like a Windows Aceess Denied message, so I'd guess it comes from the Outlook Client software attemping to access some data from Exchange (I'm assuming you're using Exchange ?) - most likely the message ID, and failing

Friday, August 17, 2007 9:42 PM

All replies

• I am pretty new to CRM, but for its worth, here are my thoughts.

Sounds like a permissions issue with regard to the crm router mailbox.  As I undertstand it CRM (shoot me if I am wrong) uses a single mail box, so a user must have permissions to correctly route mail through it.  Sending a mail from Outlook without tracking will use the client users mail box (avoids the crm mail box), and sending an email from within the web client 'most likely' uses a crm account (uses the crm mailbox but with different credentials), so the underlying problem would appear to be, client permissions on the crm mail box.

I have also seen exchange give out that error when a mailbox is full, so check the quotas on the crm mail account.

Hope you figure it out.
    Monday, August 13, 2007 6:22 PM
  •  

I modified security on the CRM mail box and still recieve the error.

I then thought if the Router service dispatches the outbound email, then if I shut off the service it should not kick the same error.

I shut the service down and still the same error.

What steps does a tracked email go through? What security needs to be in place along the way?

Thanks

Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:25 AM
  • Outgoing email (whether through Outlook or the web interface) does not use the CRM Email Router or the CRM mailbox, so it has nothing to do with this.

The email itself will be sent in the same way as other emails that are not tracked, but at some point the Outlook CRM Client must intervene to add the email as a record in CRM. The error code looks to me like a Windows Aceess Denied message, so I'd guess it comes from the Outlook Client software attemping to access some data from Exchange (I'm assuming you're using Exchange ?) - most likely the message ID, and failing

Friday, August 17, 2007 9:42 PM