none
Poor Forum operation- Edits sometimes in a frame and sometimes on new "Windows" page. RRS feed

• Question

• This is really a rather poorly designed forum. When I wnt to edit a comment, I get very awkward presentations: often the message is presented in HTML. Sometimes two nested frames are displayed with HTML in the interior one. Sometime that frame contains rendered text boxes with apparently garbled text. Sometimes I get a new web page with the Windows logo in the upper left.

It would have been nice to have had these serious problems fixed before the new design was implmented. Now its a real nuisance.

Lou in Ottawa, Canada, TimeZone: Eastern GMT-5

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:06 PM

Answers

• This is a known issue. how often is this happening to you. It used to happen a LOT more often and we've fixed most of it, or so we though. Is the behavior consistent across different browsers? is the behavior isolated to any particular environment where a connection may be less than another case?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:30 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• That sometimes happens to be, especially if I accidently
    click Reply again after I already did that. Also if you have
    a Reply open and then backspace that page the Reply
    box will not be there upon return however when you click
    Reply the Bordered Box will opened. If I ever see the Bordered
    Reply box I just close it and use the normal Reply box.

Rob

--
    Rob Brown
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    SpiritX - MS Answers Forums
    Spirit - MSNEWS Forums

Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:27 PM
  • This is a known issue. how often is this happening to you. It used to happen a LOT more often and we've fixed most of it, or so we though. Is the behavior consistent across different browsers? is the behavior isolated to any particular environment where a connection may be less than another case?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:30 PM
    Answerer
  • It rarely happens when I did not cause it by navigating
    away from an open reply and the coming back and
    re-clicking the reply again.

Rob

--
    Rob Brown
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    SpiritX - MS Answers Forums
    Spirit - MSNEWS Forums

Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:32 PM