windows vista. RRS feed

• Question

• i tryed the websites your recommended but i where do i find my serialized upgrade redemption number?, with my laptop i recieved a acer leaflet saying "acer readies you for a windows vista future-today", and inside it tells me about vista but there isnt a redemption number. it says that i have to send my certificate of authenticity (COA) S/N and proof of purchase, but i didnt recieve a COA all i have is one a COA sticker on the bottom of my laptop, so should i just write this number down and send it with a copy of my reciept to clam my copy of vista?

thanks dan.

Tuesday, December 5, 2006 4:18 PM

Answers

• You should have a piece of paper/folder somewhere...but if need be I'd make a photocopy of the bottom of the laptop.
    Tuesday, December 5, 2006 8:18 PM
  • can you help me

Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:47 AM

All replies

• You should have a piece of paper/folder somewhere...but if need be I'd make a photocopy of the bottom of the laptop.
    Tuesday, December 5, 2006 8:18 PM
  • ok thanks, i will do that cheers
    Tuesday, December 5, 2006 9:28 PM
  • It might also help if Microsoft (in their infinate wisdom), also told us where the hell we find or get the Vista Serialized Upgrade Redemption Number? I have a brand new Acer computer, recently purchased a week ago (8/12/2006), with all the details and paperwork regarding upgrading to Vista for a very cheap price. Thats fine but when you try to register, your are asked for this damned number and nobody seems to know what the hell it is or where the hell to find it? Look at the web Microsoft! Everybody is looking for it and nobody is being told where or what it is and the Moduslink that is included in the Vista upgrade paperwork in useless as that is the very thing that askes for this highly elusive Vista Serialized Upgrade Redemption Number!

Mike, Rochester, Kent, UK

Friday, December 22, 2006 7:05 AM
  • can you help me

Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:47 AM