CRM 4 New Deployment - InstallDatabaseAction failed. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm installing CRM 4 under a VM on Windows 2008 (using HyperV). I have SQL 2005 running on a physical machine.

All prereqs light up green but after making it most of the way through the install I start to get InstallDatabaseAction failed messages. The install screen shows a status of :

Installing and configuring Microsoft Dynamics CRM Databases

Enable full-text indexing in MSCRM

But the error pops up and says" ...InstallDatabaseAction failed....ProofOfConcept_MSCRM.mdf because it is being used by another process."

This seems to indicate a retry where its trying to copy database files into SQL but they were left there by a failed previous attempt (the installer must be retrying).

So I hit SQL Server and drop the database, and retry...then I get "Execution of a full-text operation failed. 'Access is denied'".

Full text seems to be running so I am stuck and can't complete the install.

Would appreciate some help.

Cheers,

Chris.

Monday, August 18, 2008 3:38 PM

Answers

• Chris,

I know it can be quite strange, but have you tried to run the installer with the "Run as administrator" option? It helped me to solve the same issue that you referred to "Access is denied".

Regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:40 PM

All replies

•  

Are you (the user installing) have the roles to create a new DB on the SQL server?
    Sunday, August 24, 2008 12:57 PM
  • Hello,
    I get the same error after the installer attempts to create the databse on the remove SQL server via a local path and then creates it via UNC on a different drive, then the error pops up that the .mdf file it just created is being used by another process.
    were you able to resolve it? how? please help.

thanks

JB
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:01 PM
  • Chris,

I know it can be quite strange, but have you tried to run the installer with the "Run as administrator" option? It helped me to solve the same issue that you referred to "Access is denied".

Regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:40 PM
  • I had these problems quite frequently on customers sites.

Always make the account a local admin on SQL and CRM
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:32 AM
  • Chris said ' have you tried to run the installer with the "Run as administrator" option?'

May i know where can i find this option to set ?
    Friday, May 29, 2009 7:18 AM