none
MS Word Online RRS feed

• Question

• How does MS Office run online? 
    Obviously Microsoft Office is written in C++, but I understand C++ is not compatible for web browsers

what changes had to happen to make the application run online in a web browser? 
    And how in general do you get C++ applications to run in web browsers? 

• Moved by Baron Bi Monday, September 4, 2017 7:42 AM not about development
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:23 PM

All replies

• I think that the on-line Word is not made directly in C++. It is a Web application. Since ‘.aspx’ appears in address bar, it is an ASP.NET application. In Edge or Internet Explorer, press <F12> to investigate it. You will see HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc., which is specific for Web applications.

Using tools like Visual Studio and having the corresponding knowledge and libraries, you can create similar Web application as an on-line counterpart of your desktop program.

• Edited by Viorel_MVP Thursday, August 31, 2017 4:35 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 4:34 PM
  • Hi Tom,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development issues. For your case which is more related to the framework of Microsoft Word, I suggest you post on Microsoft Community for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Friday, September 1, 2017 1:10 AM