Functionality for Dynamics CRM Online Basic license RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the Basic License (Dynamics CRM online Basic):

-        1. Can a user with Basic license use templates (e-mail, word etc. having merge functionality) created by an admin or user with professional license?

-        2. Can a user with Basic license use Dashboards created by an admin or a user with professional license?

-        3. Can a user with Basic license use queues (e.g. email activity queues), included moving objects from one queue to another? (assuming that the queue is created by admin or a user with professional license.)

Best regards,

Tore

Monday, December 2, 2013 10:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• According to Appendix A in the licensing guide document downloadable from this location, https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/pages/licensing/microsoft-dynamics-crm-pricing-and-licensing.aspx,

A user with a basic license:

1. can perform mail merge
    2. can manage user dashboards
    3. use a queue item

So it seems that the answer to all three of your questions is yes. Note that CRM does not enforce usage rights.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:37 PM
  • Thanks for answer!
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:02 PM
  • Hi,

that's a good answer but I need a clarification. Since CRM does not check usage rights, a user with Basic license can create an Opportunity from a Lead, even if he should not.

How can we assure a customer that all his "Basic Users" do not violate the license, meaning that they don't exceed the usage rights?

Isn't there any security roled already trimmed for the Basic license scenario?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:33 AM
  • You partly answered your question in that it can be policed using security roles. I had heard that Microsoft would release security roles definitions to match the license types but later I heard that they will not.

So you are left with defining security roles to match the licensing yourself.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:55 PM