How can I customize my contacts list view? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was wondering if I could view more information in my contacts list other than Display and user account name (In either Communicator or Trillian).  For example could I view a phone number or extension being displayed as well?  Can LCS, since it's using AC, pull information from other AD attributes, like location, etc?  Right now we are still using LCS 2005 SP1 and going to OCS soon.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:26 PM

Answers

• This information is shown in the Contact card in OCS.  The list in the main window is not customizable, but you could use the custom tabs feature and develop a a webpage to show that information in the OC client.  Search for "custom tabs" in OC to see how to enable that in OC.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by StaggerWing Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:54 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 4:05 PM

All replies

• This information is shown in the Contact card in OCS.  The list in the main window is not customizable, but you could use the custom tabs feature and develop a a webpage to show that information in the OC client.  Search for "custom tabs" in OC to see how to enable that in OC.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by StaggerWing Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:54 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 4:05 PM
  • Awesome!  I appreciated Jeff.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:54 PM
  • It would've been nice if MS gave the ability to customize the Contact Card view since RC2 will render the custom tabs useless for those who rely on the OnSelectionChange function for dynamic content.
    Monday, June 8, 2009 3:34 PM