none
Bugs editing an existing reply RRS feed

• Question

• This has been happening for me for a long time and I've just been working around it, but since I'm here posting about something else...

Frequently (I'd say about half the time) when I try to edit one of my existing replies, the textarea opens up, shows the existing reply for a millisecond, and then blanks out.  What I've been doing is copying my existing reply before I click the edit button and then just pasting the whole thing in so that I can edit it.

The other thing that occasionally happens is that I get an entirely different page which shows me my entry in plaintext in a textarea.  There's a checkbox at the bottom that says something like "contains code".  (I don't have an example of this in front of me so that I can be exact.)  This happens maybe 1 in 50 times (I'm guessing).

I'm running IE8 on Vista.

M.
    Marc D Anderson - Sympraxis Consulting LLC - Marc D Anderson's Blog
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:31 PM

Answers

• Frequently (I'd say about half the time) when I try to edit one of my existing replies, the textarea opens up, shows the existing reply for a millisecond, and then blanks out.  What I've been doing is copying my existing reply before I click the edit button and then just pasting the whole thing in so that I can edit it.

M.
    This is fixed as part our today's release.

Thanks

STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, July 10, 2009 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding the issue around edit post content disappearing or blanking out, we have a bug on this and we're targeting Mid July to release this fix (and other fixes as well). Btw, about this bug, there seems to be no distinct pattern or consistent repro steps.

About the second issue (new page when you click on edit), we found that it happens in 2 occasion:

1) While the page is still loading (including javascript).

2) If you click on edit twice on the same page (Meaning, you click Edit, then Cancel then edit again). This issue we already have a bug and our dev's are aware of the issue.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the issue around edit post content disappearing or blanking out, we have a bug on this and we're targeting Mid July to release this fix (and other fixes as well). Btw, about this bug, there seems to be no distinct pattern or consistent repro steps.

About the second issue (new page when you click on edit), we found that it happens in 2 occasion:

1) While the page is still loading (including javascript).

2) If you click on edit twice on the same page (Meaning, you click Edit, then Cancel then edit again). This issue we already have a bug and our dev's are aware of the issue.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:55 PM

• Frequently (I'd say about half the time) when I try to edit one of my existing replies, the textarea opens up, shows the existing reply for a millisecond, and then blanks out.  What I've been doing is copying my existing reply before I click the edit button and then just pasting the whole thing in so that I can edit it.

M.
    This is fixed as part our today's release.

Thanks

STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, July 10, 2009 1:48 AM
  • Seems to be working OK now, Don.

Thanks!
    M.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 2:47 AM