none
MCSE: Productivity: 2018 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am confused with the status of "Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Productivity :2018" badge in my dashboard.

On the page "Active Certifications currently in progress" it shows as "1 of 2 requirements completed".

On the page "Recommended Path for Certification" it shows as "2 of 2 Necessary Requirements Completed". First requirement is Exam 341 (1 of 8 requirements needed), second requirement is "MCSA: Windows Server 2012" certificate (1 of 3 requirements needed).

As a result, I don't have this badge listed in my dashboard, although I obviously have met all the requirements. Questions are: why, and how do I fix this?

I reached out to tech support via web chat, and they suggested contact phone support. And when I did that, I couldn't get past the voice menu that was trying to interrogate me if they could help me with my XBOX or Windows...

Thanks in advance.

Monday, December 3, 2018 8:45 PM

Answers

• Thanks. I've submitted a ticket and got the following response (might be helpful in case someone else is in a similar situation):

The new MCSE and MCSD certifications were launched on September 2016. Hence, you should complete all the requirements (MCSA certification and an elective exam) from January 01, 2016 onwards to earn any of the these certifications. Once you have earn a certification, a badge will also be awarded.

In my case elective exam was completed in October 2015, and it is not counted towards MCSE certification. Microsoft support recommended me to pass another elective exam from the list of requirements.

Monday, December 10, 2018 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Nikolai,

Since you already tried contacting by phone, you could try sending an email support request.

Microsoft training and certification help

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/help.aspx#faq

Choose your region and you should be able to contact them by email, they usually answer within a few business days.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Monday, December 3, 2018 9:12 PM
  • Thanks. I've submitted a ticket and got the following response (might be helpful in case someone else is in a similar situation):

The new MCSE and MCSD certifications were launched on September 2016. Hence, you should complete all the requirements (MCSA certification and an elective exam) from January 01, 2016 onwards to earn any of the these certifications. Once you have earn a certification, a badge will also be awarded.

In my case elective exam was completed in October 2015, and it is not counted towards MCSE certification. Microsoft support recommended me to pass another elective exam from the list of requirements.

Monday, December 10, 2018 5:58 PM