Accessing Server to Install S/Ware RRS feed

• Question

• Many users have said that they have installed additional software, such as antivirus etc, but how do you do that on a 'headless' system, without re-attaching keyboard, mouse and monitor. I can access my 2 other PC's through the home console even remotely through the internet and run them as though I was sitting in front of them, but it only allows very limited access to the server and certainly not sufficient to install software and change other options, or am I missing something.

I am considering purchasing a ServSwitch Micro so that I can do this with the one keyboard, mouse and monitor for occassional access to the server or is that not necessary as it is very difficult for me to keep moving my server from its location to keep re-attaching cables.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 7:52 PM

Answers

• You can use Remote Desktop Connection from a  client machine.
    • Marked as answer by Jessep Bangham Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:01 PM

All replies

• You can use Remote Desktop Connection from a  client machine.
    • Marked as answer by Jessep Bangham Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:01 PM
  •  Tom Ziegmann wrote:
    You can use Remote Desktop Connection from a  client machine.

How do I do that as I only have the Home Console installed on the 2 networked pc's. I have seen several people talking about Remote Desktop and assumed it was the Console they were talking about.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:06 PM
  •  wecpcs wrote:

Tom Ziegmann wrote:
    You can use Remote Desktop Connection from a  client machine.

How do I do that as I only have the Home Console installed on the 2 networked pc's. I have seen several people talking about Remote Desktop and assumed it was the Console they were talking about.

Forget about that, I have just resolved that. It did not occur to me before that there was an option in XP Pro for Remote Desktop as I had never used it before.

Thanks for you help, it got me thinking.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:15 PM