none
Post order problem still not fixed RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday's update fixed the problem where the "Always Show Answers First" option is ignored, the answers are now correctly inline with the option off.  What did not get fixed is the answers getting sorted by "helpful vote" count.  It rather stuns me that so many posts about this feature didn't manage to get the point across.  I'll repeat it again: the contributors to the forums need an option to keep posts in chronological order.
    Hans Passant.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 6:12 PM

Answers

• Yes, I explained in my announcement yesterday and a few other posts that the ordering by helpful votes issue is not scheduled yet. We are working on it now and plan to deploy the fix as soon as we can finish testing it and schedule the deployment. We understand what is being asked for, thanks for the reminder.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by nobugz Monday, July 13, 2009 5:57 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2009 6:18 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Yes, I explained in my announcement yesterday and a few other posts that the ordering by helpful votes issue is not scheduled yet. We are working on it now and plan to deploy the fix as soon as we can finish testing it and schedule the deployment. We understand what is being asked for, thanks for the reminder.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by nobugz Monday, July 13, 2009 5:57 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2009 6:18 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry, this info was not provided in STO's update notification.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 7:24 PM
  • I've mentioned this in several Places :). I also added this in the announcement section to this Forum (July 09....)

STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, July 10, 2009 9:29 PM
  • Yes, yes, I already said sorry.  Lord knows why, I had no reasonable expectation of Alicia not being informed in full about the ins and outs of the last update.  You haven't been doing this lately, why not?

Moderators like me and Mike not seeing your announcement, and having to feel guilty about it and hang heads in shame, doesn't otherwise explain why changing an ORDER BY clause in a query is so difficult.  Or why this requires to be scheduled and it hasn't been scheduled yet.  Maybe you want to share the pain.  We'd like to help, let us know what we can do to help change the query.

Or you could approach this in a professional way.  It got screwed up, say sorry, make it right.  Treat us like a professional and you'll get that back.

Make it right.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 10:34 PM
  • Hans,

Totally understand. Moving forward, we'll ensure that folks will get a heads up of future/current fixes in place. Alicia usually sends a release e-mail to MVP's. I'll ensure that appropriate information is sent out as part of that mail.

That said, I apologize for the confusion and thanks for the feedback.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Monday, July 13, 2009 4:28 PM