Remove popups from "Windows live mail page or disable windows live to use regular msn hot mail format RRS feed

• General discussion

• How do we remove popups from sides of windows live mail pages or disable windows live and return to regular email format
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:07 AM Off topic.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:07 AM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:42 PM

All replies

• Windows Live Mail is ad supported. The ads cannot be removed. You can uninstall Windows Live Mail and return to your previous mail client.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:39 AM
  • When I dropped my MSN Dial-up account I also began to receive the advertisements with web based Hotmail.

I discovered there is a premium (paid) option available that removes these advertisements and also includes other features like larger attachment sizes (20MB) among others.  Since this only cost $20/year I chose this option since I prefer to use a web client that requires no installation.

Here is the US link to the page describing the features for Windows Live HotMail Plus and including a link to purchase it online.

http://www.gowindowslive.com/hotmailplus/en-us/default.aspx

Rob
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:36 AM