Why is Office software purchased three years ago with a new computer suddenly being reported by MGA as not authentic? RRS feed

• Question

• About three years ago I purchased a new computer with Vista, on which Office Basic 2007 had been installed.  I registered the software at the time.  A few days ago I suddenly began receiving pop-ups saying that my copy of Office was not authentic.  Why should it suddenly stop being authentic after having been registered and used without problems for years?  Is it possible that something in the computer has been corrupted?  I regularly update and scan for both viruses and spyware (AVG and Spybot, daily updates and scans for the former and daily updates and scans weekly or so for the latter) and have never had either report a problem.  Does this mean I am going to have to pay once again for Office software, or is there some way in which the registration already completed on purchase can be revalidated?  I have looked at the FAQs and cannot find anything relevant, so any help will be much appreciated.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, October 25, 2009 11:31 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:37 PM

Answers

• No reply from original poster

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:58 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:58 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 11:31 PM
  • No reply from original poster

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:58 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:58 PM