none
Question about adjusting carrier frequency

Question

• Hi

I'm trying to minimize frequency offset between transmitter and receiver( both are sora machines).

Is there any way I can read carrier frequency in a real-time so that I can add frequency offset in order to generate ideal carrier frequency?

Or does sora machine support to adjust frequency, like PLL?

Thank you,

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:10 AM

Answers

• Besides HVT, you can also use the Sora tools to tune your frequency offset.

Specifically, you can use dut.exe to set frequency offset, and use Sora oscilloscope to learn the frequency offset. You need to set up a connetion for doing this, i.e. a sending Sora broadcasting packets and a receiving Sora dump the signal for oscilloscope to read.

-Jiansong

Friday, August 10, 2012 4:32 AM

All replies

• Hardware verification tool have provided a sample for what you need, you can take a look.

Basically, you need to estimate frequency offset (from sender to receiver) using some signal exchange first, and then adjust central frequency setting of the radio. We have API for central frequency setting and frequency compensation.

-Jiansong

Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

Could you please explain more in detail how HVT adjust central frequency setting of the radio? how does HVT use API functions in order to know frequency offset between transmitter and receiver? 

(I know HVT tool uses SoraHwSetCentralFreq or SoraHwSetFreqCompensation, but i don't how and /where these functions are called)

Also, it seems to me that there is no way to get centralfrequency on user mode, is it correct?

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:20 PM
  • Besides HVT, you can also use the Sora tools to tune your frequency offset.

Specifically, you can use dut.exe to set frequency offset, and use Sora oscilloscope to learn the frequency offset. You need to set up a connetion for doing this, i.e. a sending Sora broadcasting packets and a receiving Sora dump the signal for oscilloscope to read.

-Jiansong

Friday, August 10, 2012 4:32 AM