DLL Registery issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am getting error messages about  registery errors (what is that?), can you help please.  I don't have the money to purchase the cleaners that are advertised.  I have a Toshiba Sattellite L355D-S7825 with Vista.  Ever since I downloaded the Explorer 8 my computer has had many issues.  I am also having issues with Windows Media Player (version 11) and the sound quality for any player is bad.  The sounds skips and the video stalls or freezes.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, August 8, 2009 2:50 PM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, August 8, 2009 3:53 PM
    • Edited by glorius2u Sunday, August 9, 2009 12:44 AM
    • Changed type glorius2u Sunday, August 9, 2009 12:45 AM Windows Vista issues with DLL
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, August 9, 2009 4:37 AM
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 6:58 AM

All replies

• You can get help with Internet Explorer here - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/call-us.aspx and Media Player here - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&lang=en&cr=US  but I would ffirst scan your computer for malware using this free malware scanner - http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Excuse me and to me it is a security essential issue.  Also, there is not need to send a message in all caps.  Sounds like yelling and sorry for asking you to do your job
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 12:40 AM
  • The forum you posted to is for the discussion of Microsoft Security Essentials beta. If you do not have the Microsoft Security Essentials beta installed you are off topic in that forum. See my earlier post for possible solutions to your computer issues.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 4:44 AM
  • Excuse me and to me it is a security essential issue.  Also, there is not need to send a message in all caps.  Sounds like yelling and sorry for asking you to do your job

There's no more need for you to make such a post than there was for the other person who did it.  You are obviously simply confused by a badly chosen name (Microsoft Security Essentials is a program, not a function), so the original all caps message was unnecessary as you correctly stated.

However, you are not conversing with Microsoft Employees, we are merely other users just like yourself who choose to help others.  So abusing those here is just as bad as what you believe has happened to you.

You made a simple mistake posting in an incorrect forum, so lets just leave it at that OK?  Jim has given you direction to several other forums that might actually be able to help with your issues, so give them a try to see if you can get the help you really require.

Rob
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 3:57 PM