I have CRM 2011 mobile client. When I open draft quote it open quote in read only mode and does not allow edit? RRS feed

• Question

• I have CRM 2011 mobile client. When I open draft quote it open quote in read only mode and does not allow edit? Anybody know what can be reason for this.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajesh

• Edited by Rajesh GTL Monday, October 17, 2011 5:21 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure that your account security role has appropriate priveleges to edit the Quote record, if it has a different owner and you have permissions to modify your own assigned quotes then you have to change the Edit Quote Security Priveleges to Business Unit or Organization level as per required. If you ave the appropriate security priveleges then try accessing it via web client.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hello Jehanzeb Javeed,

Thanks for your reply on this. I have system administrator security role assigned to my user. But I am not able to edit the quote record it always read only I have enable the account entity and that is editable through mobile express.

Rajesh

Monday, October 17, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Hi Rajesh, I've just tried viewing a quote in CRM 2011 Mobile Express and there was no 'Edit' feature available. It would appear that this is a functional limitation of the standard CRM Mobile Express offering. You might want to consider implementing a third-party mobility product such as TenDigits or CWR Mobility if you need to provide this functionality to your users.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, October 17, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

Neil is correct aboute Quote, Mobile Express Client is a read-only Client (except for Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, taks, notes and few other entities) using a third party client like CWR would be a better option.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Monday, October 17, 2011 4:15 PM