none
Running out of memory with ICE 2.0 32-bit

Question

• Hi! ICE really great app, but it contains some serious bug.
    The app runs out of memory very quickly while making a pano of any size. For example, I made a pano consisting of only 3 shots, 12 Mpix each. The bug occures after 3 or 4 switches between 'Stitch' and 'Crop' panels. I mean, the user chooses some method of stitching then tries to crop the view, then turns back to 'stitch'and chooses other method, crops new view again and so on. After few repetition ICE stops showing prewiew, than it shows out of memory message and then stops responding at all. But Windows system monitor still treats the app as working and responding.
    Furthermore, Windows system monitor shows that each time user switches between stitching and cropping ICE grabs more and and more memory until it occupies all the available system memory. As a result, Windows can not even make a screenshot or save the resulting pano file. Then, ICE does not free any memory even if user is able to close completed panorama - I can see it in system resorce monitor. So user should close ICE after every completed pano to avoid running out of memory.
    Some technical details:
    Phisycal memory 4GB
    ICE version 2.0.3.0 (32-bit)

Unfortunately, I can not insert any screenshots until you verify my account.

Best regards,

Vlad

Monday, March 09, 2015 4:07 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting this. We are able to reproduce what you are seeing. Hope to have a fix soon.
    • Marked as answer by OpenBox1960 Tuesday, September 08, 2015 10:38 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:41 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this. We are able to reproduce what you are seeing. Hope to have a fix soon.
    • Marked as answer by OpenBox1960 Tuesday, September 08, 2015 10:38 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:41 AM
    Owner
  • September has already come and my summer photos are not stitched yet... :((( Can we hope to get a fix one day?
    Tuesday, September 08, 2015 10:30 PM