crm 3.0 and crm 4.0 client RRS feed

• Question

• Can one user have crm 3.0 client(live system) in desktop and crm 4.0 client(for our 4.0 test server) in a laptop?.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think you can manage to install the clients (3.0 in the desktop and 4.0 in the laptop), but you will probably have a lot of problems when it cames to syncronize Outlook with CRM since the emails marked as "tracked in CRM" in one client will cause errors in the other, and probably will be similar with contacts, appointments and tasks.

This would happen if you are using Exchange Mail, I think with POP3 it would not happen because you are not sharing the .pst file within both clients, but I guess that the problem would be that once you download the email with one of the clients the other wouldn't download it.

I'm not 100% sure of this, I hope someone can give you a more detailed explanation. Anyway, I would recommend you to use different mail boxes for each client.

Regards,

Marco

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you can manage to install the clients (3.0 in the desktop and 4.0 in the laptop), but you will probably have a lot of problems when it cames to syncronize Outlook with CRM since the emails marked as "tracked in CRM" in one client will cause errors in the other, and probably will be similar with contacts, appointments and tasks.

This would happen if you are using Exchange Mail, I think with POP3 it would not happen because you are not sharing the .pst file within both clients, but I guess that the problem would be that once you download the email with one of the clients the other wouldn't download it.

I'm not 100% sure of this, I hope someone can give you a more detailed explanation. Anyway, I would recommend you to use different mail boxes for each client.

Regards,

Marco

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:49 PM
  • Thanks marco. This is for testing 4.0 client with the exiting user.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:59 PM