Error: Unable to enumerate changes at the DbServerSyncProvider for table... RRS feed

• Question

• I am using C# and the Local Data Cache. I had everything working until I added a new field to the server table and then attempted to run the Visual Studio wizard again to recreate the Local Data Cache. Upon attempting this, I was presented with this error: "Unable to enumerate changes at the DbServerSyncProvider for table Invoice"

I see this everytime I add new fields and the only way I've been able to get around it was to delete my Local Data Cache, the local ACS.SDF file, my WCF references, everything and start over. WHAT A PAIN! There's got to be a simple thing that I'm missing.

Anyone got some tips for me?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:41 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, November 6, 2009 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you add a new field to the server table (I guess it is the Invoice table) after the initial download sync, the SQL commands (select, insert and update ones) that were generated for the server provider are not correct anymore. It caused the error message that you saw. You need to change them manually in your source code to add this new SQL field if you don't want to remove the old source files and regenerate them.

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 9:11 PM

All replies

• Can you copy/paste the stack trace?

Patrick
    Friday, November 6, 2009 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

If you add a new field to the server table (I guess it is the Invoice table) after the initial download sync, the SQL commands (select, insert and update ones) that were generated for the server provider are not correct anymore. It caused the error message that you saw. You need to change them manually in your source code to add this new SQL field if you don't want to remove the old source files and regenerate them.

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 9:11 PM