WHS installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 5 years old Dell Dimension 4550. It has all the requirements for WHS. I bought 2 500 GB drive and replaced the existing one. So I have 1 TB in the PC.

I started to install the WHS and when get to the page to name your server: I can type in anything and it comes back with an error message:

A computer with this name already exist on your home network. Please provide a unique Home Server name to continue.

So I stuck right here.

Any idea/help?

Ski-nazi
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:06 AM

Answers

• Disconnect your LAN card cable until you pass this point.  Then once it accepts the name, plug it back in.

--

"Skinazi" <=?utf-8?B?U2tpbmF6aQ==?=> wrote in message news:5300b59a-103f-425 3-95ed-797052e41ece...
    I have a 5 years old Dell Dimension 4550. It has all the requirements for WHS. I bought 2 500 GB drive and replaced the existing one. So I have 1 TB in the PC.

I started to install the WHS and when get to the page to name your server: I can type in anything and it comes back with an error message:

A computer with this name already exist on your home network. Please provide a unique Home Server name to continue.

So I stuck right here.

Any idea/help?

Ski-nazi

BullDawg
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:25 AM