CRM 4 with Offline Access, and a new Outlook Profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have run into somewhat of a roadblock with CRM. We have 4 users with offline access, and 10 with online only. We recently changed our Hosted Exchange provider, htus requiring the creation of a new Outlook profile on everyone's machine.

We set up the new profile, ran the CRM Config Wizard, and for those with offline access, selected "Use existing database." When users log into Outlook with the new profile, The CRM Client loads just fine, but none of the messages or appointment seem to be tracked anymore (the CRM Icon next to tracked emails is no longer there, only the regular Outlook Icon). They still appear in CRM, but the link between a CRM appointment and it's Outlook Counterpart seems to have disappeared. When users open an appointment that was tracked in CRM, the View in CRM button is not there; instead they have a Track in CRM button. If a users clicks the button, they get an error message stating the object is already in CRM.

How can I restore the links between Tracked items in Outlook and their CRM counterparts?

Thanks for the help.

Al

This issue occurs for all users, offline access and online only.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 9:08 PM

Answers

• Test the following:
    Take one machine and un-install the client completely.
    CRM inhearits the outlook profile and settings after install,now that the exchange sp changed it might be that crm cannot refresh to new sp.Remove the add in and address book entries befor re-installing CRM.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Friday, April 10, 2009 7:52 PM

All replies

• I tried re runnig the CRM Config utility, but this had no effect.

I have also noticed that since we switched to the new Outlook profile, the CRM address book is no longer available in Outloook. Does anyone know how to get it back without uninstalling and reinstalling CRM?

Al
    • Marked as answer by Alex Bernal Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:34 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Alex Bernal Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:35 PM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 1:21 PM
  • Test the following:
    Take one machine and un-install the client completely.
    CRM inhearits the outlook profile and settings after install,now that the exchange sp changed it might be that crm cannot refresh to new sp.Remove the add in and address book entries befor re-installing CRM.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Friday, April 10, 2009 7:52 PM