none
Does the information in MCITP: Database Administrator 2008 carry over to 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I've recently become fascinated with DBA/Development and decided that since my company is willing to let me help out the consultants we have in administrating our database I would try to pick up a certification in combination with the on-site training. I have one question though.

I'm planning on purchasing the required self-training materials. However, I don't want to buy them if the exam will not carry over to 2008 R2 and I'll have to retake an exam again in order to get certified on that platform. Does anyone know if this is true? Or will the information carry over and I won't have to worry about it?

Thank you!

Saturday, October 1, 2011 8:03 PM

Answers

• This is a tricky one and one which will always cause discussion. The exam will always state that the latest version is applicable and the pool of exam questions can be updated any time MS like. However the prep materials are not always in sync because they are written at the time the product is RTM'ed. If you look in the threads here you will find some more dicussions on people taking the 2008 exams which got questions about 2008r2. These discussion are always about prepmaterials not being up to date. You should always go online and read the white papers while the product evolves. Only at that speed you will know you are up to date.
    Maurice
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:29 PM

All replies

• This is a tricky one and one which will always cause discussion. The exam will always state that the latest version is applicable and the pool of exam questions can be updated any time MS like. However the prep materials are not always in sync because they are written at the time the product is RTM'ed. If you look in the threads here you will find some more dicussions on people taking the 2008 exams which got questions about 2008r2. These discussion are always about prepmaterials not being up to date. You should always go online and read the white papers while the product evolves. Only at that speed you will know you are up to date.
    Maurice
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:29 PM
  • R2 self study from Microsoft Press are now out, buy them.

Cheers

Craig

www.mspress.com.au

Craig Roberts Woodslane
    Monday, October 3, 2011 10:33 PM
  • There are tone's self study material. I used to watch CBT Nuggest and e-book to go through. Download Microsoft traningkits for RC
    www.addarr.com
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:20 AM