What happened to the WIndows Activation Wizard? RRS feed

• Question

• When I installed windows and after a few days I thought about activating it but when I tried to search for it, I couldn't find it. It's strange, I can find the program in the system folder and the start menu didn't have it. I have 19 days to activate and no way of doing it. Please help me.
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:59 PM

Answers

• To activate Windows Vista when you are online, just enter activation in the Search box of Start => Help and Support. This is the information that comes up:

Activate Windows on this computer

You must activate Windows within 30 days after installation or Windows will stop working. Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and that it has not been used on more computers than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. In this way, activation helps prevent software counterfeiting. With an activated copy of Windows, you’ll be able to use every Windows feature.

Click to open Windows activation. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

You just have to click where indicated by the link on Click to open Windows activation to activate Vista. The process takes a few seconds on a broadband connection, and not much longer on a dial-up connection. You will receive confirmation that Vista has been activated.

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Friday, October 3, 2008 4:51 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2007 1:17 AM