Office 2003 not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Apparently I have fallen victim to a pirated version of ms office 2003. I have purchased new software but am curious if my current software will stop working due to the following message "This copy of M/S Office is not genuine. In 12 days office applications will be marked as not genuine." I have the instructions on how to remove the non-genuine key from the registry and then enter the new "real" key. I do not want to uninstall the current software as i do not want to lose my address book or emails.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hello rnwj,

"Marked as nongenuine" means that your Office will get an additional drop down menu item that tells you about the nongenuine situation and tells you about options for Getting Genuine.  You will also receive "reminders" (aka nags) when you start up Office about having nongenuine software.

Your current installation of Office will continue to complete tasks normally,  No documents or emails will be lost or altered in any way.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 12, 2010 11:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:02 PM