none
Problem with formatting RRS feed

Answers

• The reason : Questioner put too many extra spaces in between starting quote " and the next line. Hope this might help the forum team in resolving this issue.

Thanks, Hasham

Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:16 AM

All replies

• I have tried several combinations to replicate this bug. I don't know what text questioner put to get CSS out formatted.

Seems unhandled special character making this all happen.

Thanks, Hasham

Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:03 AM
  • Perhaps I can try to fix this thread myself.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:09 AM
  • Yes, I see - what exactly causes the problem? It may help to fix this problem globally.

In the meantime, I fixed the original thread.

BTW, instead of T-SQL forum you can either try here or in the Forum's Sandbox.

My blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:14 AM
  • The reason : Questioner put too many extra spaces in between starting quote " and the next line. Hope this might help the forum team in resolving this issue.

Thanks, Hasham

Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:16 AM
  • I an unable to duplicate in the Technet Sandbox: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tnsandbox/thread/fbbe3964-8d4e-4f3f-bd86-887fbd015516

I entered a quote character, then lots of spaces, then text. Also, is the fix to remove extra spaces? Do you do this in html? What does a bad post look like?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:32 AM
  • I fixed that particular thread and the effect of bad formatting is a bit hard to describe in words, but basically all the reply buttons seem to go to the left and the right panel seems to be missing but also somehow I was seeing my own signature at the left of the post even though I didn't participate in the thread. I fixed it using HTML button and re-arranging the stuff.

In HTML I saw

<p>According to msdn </br> 

more text followed....

My blog
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:37 AM
  • This is another case - I'm not fixing it yet

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/a843a7ae-3e09-4512-b453-7ad861824baa

My blog
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:30 PM