Multiple Leads: Can't Change Status Reason to "Disqualify" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

First time posting here, but I've gained a heck of a lot of knowledge just from lurking over the last few months so thank you for that.

Using CRM 4.0 (4.0.7333.3018) in a Windows 7 environment, I'm currently working on various sales campaigns within our company, and my stats are being thrown by a couple of old campaigns from a few months back which were not run correctly (I had no involvement may I add!)

I'm trying to change "Status Reason" on multiple leads to "Disqualify" but it would appear that I can't do this as it's greyed out. 

The way it works here, when disqualifying a lead I would set to "Disqualify" then we have a "Disqualification Reason" pick-list. I can amend this one for multiple entries, but not the "Status Reason".

I'm faced with manually changing almost 500 leads' Status Reasons manually which I'm not looking forward to - is there any way around this at all?

If you need any further info please let me know.

Kind regards
    Matt

• Edited by Matt B UK Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:38 PM Amending CRM version
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:38 PM

Answers

• Matt,

You can create an "On Demand" Workflow to set the status of the leads to "Disqualify".

For Ex: Select leads which you wanted to disqualify by doing an "Advanced Find" and Select "Run Workflow" to trigger the workflow on the selected records

Screenshot of how the workflow looks like - http://img832.imageshack.us/i/workflowdisqualifyleads.png/

Hope this will help

Cheers, Edwin
    • Marked as answer by Matt B UK Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:18 PM

All replies

• Matt,

You can create an "On Demand" Workflow to set the status of the leads to "Disqualify".

For Ex: Select leads which you wanted to disqualify by doing an "Advanced Find" and Select "Run Workflow" to trigger the workflow on the selected records

Screenshot of how the workflow looks like - http://img832.imageshack.us/i/workflowdisqualifyleads.png/

Hope this will help

Cheers, Edwin
    • Marked as answer by Matt B UK Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:18 PM
  • Aaah why didn't I think of workflows! I spent ages reading up on them specifically a few weeks back, I feel like a fool now!

Thank you for your precise and swift response, massively appreciated, you've just saved me a day of head scratching.

Kind regards
    Matt

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:21 PM
  • Matt,

Happy CRM!

Cheers, Edwin
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:26 PM