MP 2011 Silent Install with Key AND Activation? RRS feed

• Question

• Can't quite figure out why MS has made this so different than normal Office Apps.
    I have been deploying MS titles across networks automagically for years.

With MP, it seems to be a pain.

Anyway, I have 10 copies I need to push to my users. I have figured out the setup.exe /a to make the Admin Network Install, and the /qn switches to make it silent, but end users would still see the EULA and Activation Page when launching it.

I need to automate the Activation. (Like Office does, you pass the key to the MST, and it activates it in the background with no user intervention). But you can't use the Office Customization Tool with MP.

Please, someone help.

Thanks.
    Friday, February 3, 2012 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Anonymous,

This link brings you to a discussion of the topic. It refers to Microsoft AutoRoute, which is the European version of S&T.

Laptop GPS World
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 12:14 AM
  • Anonymous,

Re-reading your post, I just noticed you were referring to MP. I had wrongly assumed you were asking about S&T, since most posts in the forum relate to S&T. My above post may not answer your question, as there may be better solutions(s) for MP.

Laptop GPS World
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 3:55 PM
  • Marvin: I'm not aware of anything specific for MapPoint. I would expect a S&T solution to work.

After saying that, there are builds of MapPoint that don't require an activation key. However, you still have to acknowledge the terms and conditions the first time you run it.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com
    Monday, February 6, 2012 2:21 PM