script error from global.ashx even when removing all custom scipts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just updated one of my development environment for a customer  to Update Rollup 12 and made the effort to check all my entities. When I started to debug Incident entity I got script errors and they are from global.ashx file. So I removed all of my scripts to make sure that they don't mess up the standard in any way.

<CrmScriptErrorReport>
      <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
      <ScriptErrorDetails>
       <Message>Object required</Message>
       <Line>5</Line>
       <URL>/_common/global.ashx?ver=-1397214843</URL>
       <PageURL>/userdefined/edit.aspx?_gridType=112&etc=112&id=%7b207836BE-7513-E211-87FD-000C2927ECE7%7d&pagemode=iframe&preloadcache=1362053693865&rskey=110068207</PageURL>
       <Function>anonymous(a,e,f){vard=null,c=a._events[e];for(varb=0,g=c.length;b<g;b++)if(c[b].handler===f){d=c[b].browserHandler;break}if(a.removeEventListener)a.removeEventListener(e,d,false);elseif(a.detachEvent)a.detachEvent("on"+e,d);c.splice(b,1)}</Function>
       <CallStack>
        <Function>anonymous(a,e,f){vard=null,c=a._events[e];for(varb=0,g=c.length;b<g;b++)if(c[b].handler===f){d=c[b].browserHandler;break}if(a.removeEventListener)a.removeEventListener(e,d,false);elseif(a.detachEvent)a.detachEvent("on"+e,d);c.splice(b,1)}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(b,a,c){Sys.UI.DomEvent._removeHandler(b,a,c)}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(){$removeHandler(this.get_$D_3(),"click",this.$$d_$1L_3);Mscrm.CrmUIBehavior.prototype.dispose.call(this)}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(){if(!this._disposing){this._disposing=true;if(this._timerCookie){window.clearTimeout(this._timerCookie);deletethis._timerCookie}if(this._endRequestHandler){Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().remove_endRequest(this._endRequestHandler);deletethis._endRequestHandler}if(this._beginRequestHandler){Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().remove_beginRequest(this._beginRequestHandler);deletethis._beginRequestHandler}if(window.pageUnload)window.pageUnload(this,Sys.EventArgs.Empty);varc=this.get_events().getHandler("unload");if(c)c(this,Sys.EventArgs.Empty);varb=Array.clone(this._disposableObjects);for(vara=0,f=b.length;a<f;a++){vard=b[a];if(typeofd!=="undefined")d.dispose()}Array.clear(this._disposableObjects);Sys.UI.DomEvent.removeHandler(window,"unload",this._unloadHandlerDelegate);if(Sys._ScriptLoader){vare=Sys._ScriptLoader.getInstance();if(e)e.dispose()}Sys._Application.callBaseMethod(this,"dispose")}}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(){this.dispose()}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(){returnb.apply(a,arguments)}</Function>
        <Function>anonymous(){varb={};try{b=Sys.UI.DomElement._getWindow(a).event}catch(c){}returne.call(a,newSys.UI.DomEvent(b))}</Function>
       </CallStack>
      </ScriptErrorDetails>
      <ClientInformation>
       <BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)</BrowserUserAgent>
       <BrowserLanguage>en-us</BrowserLanguage>
       <SystemLanguage>sv</SystemLanguage>
       <UserLanguage>sv</UserLanguage>
       <ScreenResolution>1600x1200</ScreenResolution>
       <ClientName>Web</ClientName>
       <ClientTime>2013-02-28T13:16:05</ClientTime>
      </ClientInformation>
      <ServerInformation>
        <OrgLanguage>1053</OrgLanguage>
        <OrgCulture>1053</OrgCulture>
        <UserLanguage>1053</UserLanguage>
        <UserCulture>1053</UserCulture>
        <OrgID>{5ACA9676-FA5B-4CF9-8E67-0B886E204C1F}</OrgID>
        <UserID>{AE9385F1-7DCA-E111-AA6F-000C2927ECE7}</UserID>
        <CRMVersion>5.0.9690.3236</CRMVersion>
      </ServerInformation>
    </CrmScriptErrorReport>

The strange thing is that if I don't debug the page with F12 Developer Tools, I don't see the errors and the page says "Done".

This is with IE 8 now on the server itself.

Now I'm not sure if I had the problems before UR12 or not, but I need to make sure that I don't have the same problem in production.

What can I do?

Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:24 PM

Answers

• Found an article which fixed the issue for me:

What happens:

When working in the Case, Product, or Service Appointment entities, the ribbon may fail to load, or a script error may occur when attempting to close a form. This issue occurs in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise after applying Update Rollup 12.

Caused by:

This issue occurs when the Form Assistant is enabled for the form, but is collapsed by default.

Resolution:

Microsoft is aware of this issue will be resolved in the next Update Rollup.

As a workaround, the Form Assistant can be set to expand automatically, or can be disabled from the form using the following steps:

1. Click Settings, click Customizations, and then click Customize the System.

2. Under Components, expand Entities, and navigate to the entity experiencing the issue.

3. Expand the entity, click Forms, and open the form experiencing the issue.

4. In the form editor, click Form Properties.

5. Click the Display tab.

6. Check "Expanded by Default". Alternatively, you may also uncheck "Enable Form Assistant" instead.

Recommendations fixed the issue for me!!!

• Proposed as answer by Cherie77 Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Markus Erlandsson Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:16 PM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:35 AM

All replies

• we have a similar issue -- if you access the incident entity via the web application there is no error but on the Outlook version the user gets a script error alert every time a case is shut down even if there is no custom script running.

Error alert:

Line: 5

Char: 58707

Error: Unable to get value of the property "_events" object is null or undefined

Code: 0

URL: https://Organisation/_common/global.ashx?ver=1716109603

We are also running CRM version: 5.0.9690.3236

• Edited by Cherie77 Monday, March 4, 2013 2:15 AM
    Monday, March 4, 2013 1:08 AM
  • Found an article which fixed the issue for me:

What happens:

When working in the Case, Product, or Service Appointment entities, the ribbon may fail to load, or a script error may occur when attempting to close a form. This issue occurs in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise after applying Update Rollup 12.

Caused by:

This issue occurs when the Form Assistant is enabled for the form, but is collapsed by default.

Resolution:

Microsoft is aware of this issue will be resolved in the next Update Rollup.

As a workaround, the Form Assistant can be set to expand automatically, or can be disabled from the form using the following steps:

1. Click Settings, click Customizations, and then click Customize the System.

2. Under Components, expand Entities, and navigate to the entity experiencing the issue.

3. Expand the entity, click Forms, and open the form experiencing the issue.

4. In the form editor, click Form Properties.

5. Click the Display tab.

6. Check "Expanded by Default". Alternatively, you may also uncheck "Enable Form Assistant" instead.

Recommendations fixed the issue for me!!!

• Proposed as answer by Cherie77 Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Markus Erlandsson Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:16 PM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Thank you!
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:17 PM