Corrupt Files and error msgs RRS feed

• Question

• I have looked over the various forum categories for the issue listed below. Could some please point me to the forum I need to post my question in, please. Thanks.

After start up, I get a wmpshare.exe is corrupt. How do I fix this file. Thanks for the help.

Threadstarter

cliftonljones is online now Add to cliftonljones's Reputation   Report Post  
    I have a System Manufacturer/Model Number Gateway M6862
    OS Windows 7 Hope Premium

I attempted to disable the wmv network, but with no luck. The msg is listed below.

I received an error msg 1053. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    Windows could not stop the Windows Media Network Sharing Service service on Local computer.

Also, I have discovered that I have many corrupt files, but I have tried to run the scan on C:/ ,but it wants me schedule the scan, and it wont schedule it, SO I do not know waht to do about that either. Any help with it would be MOST appreciative.

This is also causing me to be unable to update my Kaspersky Internet Security either. I have been discussing that issue with one of their support people and I was informed that I have many corrupt files and errors.

What can I do to fix these issues?
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:01 PM