none
Reinstalled software - file won't open RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had a problem with transaction reports not working.  It's year end and the accountant is waiting for our company's records!

So i re-installed the software from the original disk (MS Money 2004)  Now the file will not open at all.  it tries to upgrade the file to the new version of Money and saves a copy of the original file with the M14 suffix, adding a number each time it does this.  Hence file1.M14, file2.M14 etc. It then tells me that it can't find or can't open the file it has just created!? and asks me if it was write protected.

Is this something to do with the patch issue in the UK, I have been reading about.  I also tried the sunset program, just in case ....

Help!

Neil

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:54 PM

All replies

• You are working with Money 2005, which was copyrighted in 2004.

See http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/7a8004a7-4b5d-436c-b0c6-99167d9ce509 for the easy solution if you can be patient.

For more discussions, see threads with "1105" in the title.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:47 PM
  • If he has an accountant waiting for year end stuff then he might be in a bit of a rush.

But I would presume/hope that, as a company, he would have backups of the Program Files folders.  The folder that the threads with "1105" in the title refer to is in Program Files.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:08 PM