Can't Renew:Windows Live Refuses RRS feed

• Question

• When I sign in I get the messages Windows Live cannot complete my request for the following reason:

No billing accounts

This Windows Live ID does not currently have a billing relationship with Microsoft.

Friday, April 4, 2008 5:19 PM

Answers

•  

It would seem to me that you are trying to log in with an incorrect LiveID - that is, not the one for your subscription.

Alternatively, you may have an incorrect language setting in IE.

To check and change the country/language relationship in IE, go to Tools/Internet Options. On the General tab, click Languages.

Note the language listed. In the US it should be English - US, for example. If the language setting does not match your country, click Add and select the correct language/country pair and add it to the IE languages used. Then highlight the incorrect one and remove it.

Delete cookies and temporary Internet files, then close IE and try the renewal again.

To renew your subscription:

Open OneCare, click on Help/About... Note the subscription ID shown

Open your browser and sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with the LiveID shown as the subscription ID in OneCare.

Select the OneCare subscription shown.

Click "renew this service."

You should see a page with the following (as of 2/26/08 verified with a US paid account):

Plan Description

To renew your subscription with a Product Key or prepaid PIN, click here.

To renew your subscription with a credit card, direct debit, or other payment method, click Next.

Select the option you prefer and provide the requested information. Note that renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it may take up to 24 hours to reflect the updated subscription status in OneCare.

-steve

Friday, April 4, 2008 5:54 PM

All replies

• Open One Care>Help>About and verify you are using the correct Live ID.

Friday, April 4, 2008 5:50 PM
  •  

It would seem to me that you are trying to log in with an incorrect LiveID - that is, not the one for your subscription.

Alternatively, you may have an incorrect language setting in IE.

To check and change the country/language relationship in IE, go to Tools/Internet Options. On the General tab, click Languages.

Note the language listed. In the US it should be English - US, for example. If the language setting does not match your country, click Add and select the correct language/country pair and add it to the IE languages used. Then highlight the incorrect one and remove it.

Delete cookies and temporary Internet files, then close IE and try the renewal again.

To renew your subscription:

Open OneCare, click on Help/About... Note the subscription ID shown

Open your browser and sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with the LiveID shown as the subscription ID in OneCare.

Select the OneCare subscription shown.

Click "renew this service."

You should see a page with the following (as of 2/26/08 verified with a US paid account):

Plan Description

To renew your subscription with a Product Key or prepaid PIN, click here.

To renew your subscription with a credit card, direct debit, or other payment method, click Next.

Select the option you prefer and provide the requested information. Note that renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it may take up to 24 hours to reflect the updated subscription status in OneCare.

-steve

Friday, April 4, 2008 5:54 PM