Connector Software CD RRS feed

• Question

• i install the windows home server

when i try to connect from the cd connector i can't connect from my password

it's need the admin. password

if i'm gonna give all the user the admin password .. it's not gonna be secure any more

so any one have this solotion

thanks for all

Friday, June 15, 2007 8:13 PM

All replies

• The only time you would need the server admin password would be if you had to "Connect to your Home Server Console".  General users wouldn't need this capability.

If you installed user accounts when you configured the server you had to assign a name and a password for each account.  If you set up the user without checking the "Allow Remote Access", feature they will only have the function of the backing up of files on the server and will not beable to log in to the server remotely at all. 

If you want them to have access to the shares, you also need to set the "Allow Remote Access" permission for that user account to have a remote login capability.    The user will also need a stronger password to meet the system requirements.  Then the user logs into the system remotely using their own username and password and they have access to the shared faolders as well as the ability to RDP into connected and permitted PCs.  They have no reason to log into the server itself at that point and won't need the server password. 

Win

Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:28 AM
  • thanks for your answear

but if i need some user to test with me how can i let them use his own password without the admin pass

so this is it . i need them to connect like the termenal or what ever on remote access so i can't give them the

admin pass .. i'm checking this things on the windows .

thanks for your help

Saturday, June 16, 2007 6:13 PM