Share a record with MULTIPLE teams? is it possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have an APPOINTMENT entity where users can add notes and once done they can then choose share function and share with a specific team who then receives a notification of new notes.

The problem I have is that the system allows users to ONLY select one team to share it with. Is there a way to allow a user to share it with multiple teams? I been researching with no luck...... Any info would be much appreciated!

thanks so much!

Friday, November 22, 2013 10:00 PM

All replies

• You can definitely share with multiple teams. Maybe I don't understand the question?

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:11 AM
  • Hi, I have a field, that looks up a team from the list I created.. and it sends notification that record has been updated. but the problem is that I can only select 1 team from the list as in screenshot.. Any thoughts?

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:38 AM
  • anyone any thoughts if its possible to select to choices in the look up record? Currently it only allows me to select 1 record for a team.

Thanks so much!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:35 AM
  • Hello,

Lookup field only allow to select one record and there is no supported way to design multi select lookup field (party list).

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:40 AM
  • Is there another way to go around this. This is what I had going was this:
    1) Appointment record, user meets client, enters notes and now he wants to notify his team he added notes
    2) I created LOOKUP for TEAMS and a view in DASHBOARD so now when user select a team all the team members see this notififcation appear on their dashboard

As you see the problem is I can only select 1 team under LOOKUP for task to be created.. Is there anything else you might suggest where I could notify 1+ teams of the appointment record so they can get their notifiction on the Dashboard view?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:10 AM
  • If number of teams are fixed, you could create more Team lookups to achieve this.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:24 AM
  • Hello,

Is it possible for you to create 1:n relationship between appointment and team, so you can associate multiple teams with same appointment ?

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:32 AM
  • unfortunately the number of teams is not fixed and I need to somehow select multiple teams.. is there any other way to do this?

What happens when you use SHARE function from ribbon, does user get a notification once you share the record?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:36 PM
  • Sharing to team means user part of team will be able to read/write/delete the records based on the sharing option selected.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:41 PM
  • You need to create a N:N relationship. The problem you are having is that your current N:1 relationship only allows you to associate 1 team. A N:N will allow you to associate multiple teams through a grid view, rather than a lookup. You can then modify your view to look at the N:N relationships instead of the N:1.

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:28 PM
  • Hi Paul - can you explain what do you mean in grid view? I know how to create N:N but little unclear what do you mean by grid view? What do I have to change with my look up field?
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:18 PM
  • *bump*
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:10 PM
  • The N:N creates two sub-grids instead of one sub-grid and one lookup using a N:1.

That allows you to associate multiple teams in the sub-grid rather than only being able to select one.

Your view would then simply need to look at the N:N instead of the N:1.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:02 AM