none
GPS Device Compatibility List RRS feed

• Question

• I need to buy a GPS (probably a garmin) that is fully compatible and able to read .gpx files exported by Streets and Trips. I've looked around this forum and bit and on Garmin.com, but am not able to find anything real clear. Does such a list exist, or would anyone be able to tell me the devices they are using that are compatible and work well? 

I'm running deliveries, so fairly complex routes are put together on Streets and Trips, and then I need to update my GPSs daily as routes change a bit each time. Does anyone else have experience with this kind of use and can speak to a procedure that works well for this? -Thanks

Saturday, March 1, 2014 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have a Garmin Nuvi 2555 that I import itineraries into from S&T.

I setup an S&T file for each day of travel including Rest Stops, Walmarts, Fuel, etc. then use the Data/Export to GPX function.  I connect my Garmin with a USB cord and then copy them to the Garmin GPX folder using File Manager.  Once copied, I disconnect the Garmin and turn it on and go to the Apps/Trip Planner function on the Garmin and find the correct itinerary.  I name them out of S&T by a day number and destination.

Once on the road, you can add points to the itinerary also.

Hope this helps,

Tom  

Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:10 PM