Authentication Failure - The entered and stored passwords do not match. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This happens when I try to authenticate to a certain customers crm online. When I connect to our own crm online there is no problem. I have also connected in the same way to other customers with no problem before. I use the wildticket.cs class that I found in the crm 4.0 sdk (sdk\server\helpers\cs\crmonlineauth). The problem occurs when I call LiveIdTicketManager.RetrieveTicket. I can login to the crm online with the user and password that I use in the method call. Maybe it has something to do with the deviceName and devicePassword that the method call also takes?

Thanks for any help on this!

Friday, August 16, 2013 8:03 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem. Why is this starting now?
    Monday, August 19, 2013 10:56 AM
  • I have'nt keept my self updated in what's been going on with dynamics crm. From what I can see the new updates, dynamics crm 2013 and dynamics crm online fall 13, will no longer support 2007 service endpoint. There also seems to be a conversion from what I know as windows live id to something called microsoft online service and/or office 365. All new installations of crm online will no longer support 2007 service endpoint. I have also noticed that there is a mass update going on of all prevoius online installations including my own. I'm afraid these will no longer work either!? Or maybe they will as long as they use windows live id??

My conclusion is that that 2007 service endpoint works with dynamics crm 2011 and crm dynamics online 2011 when not using office 365 organizations. When the crm online 2011 now is being updated to crm online fall 13 it will no longer work with 2007 service endpoint and neither will the crm dynamics 2013.

Monday, August 19, 2013 12:38 PM