desprate for help RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to reinstall WHS 2008 and get falat error "not connected"  the network drivers will not install - tried to install them from CD but still won't connect. I can't get to  ALL my family photos - PLEASE HELP - I am in deep do-do with wife.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can try to get access to your files by following the FAQ How to recover data after server failure.

About the network interface card drivers - try to download the latest drivers for Windows Server 2003. If such are not available, you can try the Windows XP drivers. In case they have an own setup program, you may have to attempt to start this on the server in compatibility mode to Windows XP.

Also, after completing a server reinstall, you still have to reconfigure server name, admin password, user accounts. And depending from the amount of data it takes a (very long) while to reintegrate it into the new installation by validating and updating the tombstones.

Also - for important files never only rely on one machine - this can break due to overvoltage, fire or water, go away due to theft or simply loose all data due to an user error or malware.

This is the reason for backups to external disks.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:42 AM