Canadians, how is it going? RRS feed

• Question

• Money 2002 and before had a separate Canadian version. Money 2003 and most later versions would look at the regional settings to determine any differences the version was able to handle.

How are the Canadian users doing with Microsoft Money? There used to be more postings in the newsgroup by Canadian users. What Canadian bank downloads are working for you? Any other successes, or not?  Have you tried convert to Money Plus Deluxe Sunset, and what were the results? Do you remember any particular steps that helped?

Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:43 PM

All replies

• I've converted to Money Plus Deluxe Sunset edition and I can download HSBC Canada bank statements and also BMO Canada MasterCard statements no problem.  I'm also using Hung Le's Stock quotations download tool and it works really well and that's for US, Canadian and European equities.  Thank you Hung Le!!

cheers and good luck!

Saturday, October 15, 2011 1:27 AM
  • I've been using Sunset for months and can download from CIBC, MC and VISA very easily and quickly.

What I can't do is enter a RRIF payout so it shows the correct taxable amount. 

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:46 PM
  • It looks to me that you are dealing with income tax withholding on some of your RRIR payout. Suppose you are removing $1000, but you only get $850 into your pocket.

I think I would enter this as a split. To do that, enter a withdrawal of $1000, and for the Category, choose Split. (you want to be be set for "Advanced Register" to be able to do that. That will open a box where you can categorize $150 as a payment to income tax withholding, and the $850 as a transfer to your checking account.

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:42 PM