Sign In Issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have current installed OCS 2007 Standard Eval to test the IM features.  I have a created about 30 users that works fine, but in one case, I get an error message " Can not sign to Communicator because this sign in was not found.  Please verify the sign in address and try again.  If the problem persist, contact your system administrator."  IIt seems like it can not find the user in the AD, although it is there.  This is confusing because I followed the same procedure to create the other 29 users, which works fine. 

1.  Created user in the AD.

2.  Enabled and configure users.

3.  Imported certificate.

4.  Double, triple, and quadruple checked office communicator settings and OCS settings.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is occurring.

Thanks,

WC

Thursday, July 5, 2007 9:37 PM

Answers

• Since the servcies won't start after the reboot, can you check the time and time zone on the servers? Can you let us know what else you have tried and your current status?

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:36 PM

All replies

• Does this just happen on this one user's computer? Can this user login on other machines? Can other userslogin on this machine?
    What is the version of Communicator installed on this machine? I have seen this when the communicator version doesn't match the server version.
    Just  some things to check.
    Friday, July 6, 2007 10:29 PM
  • Thank you for your response.

Yes, this just happens on one user's computer, but I can log in using another account.  The user can not log in on another working machine.  It is definitely a user issue, but strangely, I set up the user the same way as the others.  The version of Communicator is Microsoft Communicator 2007.

As a result, I tried to delete the user from the AD, recreate the user, and restart both OCServer and AD server.

As a result of restarting the OCSserver 2007, none of the service now will not start.  When I try to manually start the each of the services, I get an "error 1069. The service did not start due to logon failure."  I went into each of the services and try to retype in the password, but that didn't work.  I tried to do the same on the OCServer, but couldn't find the option to do so.  I check all dependent services for each of the service and they are all started. 

Is the there a there a way reset or verify the passwords for each of the service on the OCServer?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

WC

Monday, July 9, 2007 3:14 PM
  • You can the verify the passwords by running the validation wizard.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:00 PM
  • When I run the Validation Wizard, I get an error "Service isn't installed, enabled, or started.  Please check services installation and configuration."

In the Deploy Standard Edition Server, step 5 is Start Services and step 6 is Validate Server Functionality.  I think the services need to be running first to Validate Server.

Thanks,

WC

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Since the servcies won't start after the reboot, can you check the time and time zone on the servers? Can you let us know what else you have tried and your current status?

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:36 PM
  • The time zones are correct

Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:26 PM
  • Have you upgraded to the RTM version?

Friday, September 14, 2007 10:07 PM