none
i forgot my Administrative/Home User Account password

Question

• Can anyone please tell me that there is a way to reset my password for my Admn/Home USER account to make changes to my account for everything on my computer. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and it set my other user to be my Home user. I'm not really good with computers and forgot to write the password down I don't use the Password to login to my computer I use my pin number. Please can someone help me????
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:26 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:51 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - Student Rockstar' forum is for posts related to the Student Rockstar contest.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

• You can try booting from your install CD and when you get to the Install Windows screen, select the repair my computer which will bring you to the recovery console. At this point you can do several things. I would try opening a command prompt. At the command prompt type the command:  net user "username" "password".

Example: net user jsmith P@ssword

Remove the CD and try logging in with the username and password you just reset.

Please remember to select Mark as Answer if someone provides the answer or mark as helpful if the response helps to lead you in the right direction.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:39 PM