How do I record video for video panorama? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a panorama via video. It works fine if I just hold the camcorder steady and do a 360 of the room. But I also need to capture the top and the bottom of the room. So when I do this the panoramic created in ICE gets distorted. The images does not line up correctly. Can someone tell me how I should record the video if I want to capture the entire room? Here is what it looks like.

http://photosynth.net/edit.aspx?cid=e89a6fb6-9830-47a4-b109-c3b7b72c3c54&wa=wsignin1.0

Thanks very much.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:42 AM

Answers

• The problem I think is that the room is to small and so the difference between each band of images as you pan around is too large for ICE to resolve smoothly.

The image is much better along the length of the room than across the width.   So you just need to buy a much bigger house! (palace) :)

Failing that you could try shooting a lot more bands with the camera zoomed in further and using a tripod so there is not such a large difference between successive pans around the room

Bob
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• The problem I think is that the room is to small and so the difference between each band of images as you pan around is too large for ICE to resolve smoothly.

The image is much better along the length of the room than across the width.   So you just need to buy a much bigger house! (palace) :)

Failing that you could try shooting a lot more bands with the camera zoomed in further and using a tripod so there is not such a large difference between successive pans around the room

Bob
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:58 AM
  • Ok I will try that and let you know. Thanks for the help. Maybe I can get my palace if I sell my house in CA and move to Texas.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:08 PM