Public IM issue RRS feed

• Question

• We've been using public IM for about a year now on LCS 2005.  We switched to OCS 2007, and had it working on the same server, just upgraded to OCS 2007.  A new server was purchased to allow the A/V conferencing.  We were not able to export the previous certificate, but we were able to get a re-key of the certificate with the same name from our SAN.  We use Godaddy for our certificates.  Since we moved to the new server, we have not been able to use public IM.  I've been through the docs, and everything seems to be configured correctly. 

Is there anything that needs to be done with the partners to get them to pick up the new certificate?  I didn't have to do anything last time, and we're using the same server name and IP address.

Monday, June 4, 2007 3:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Kevin,

I believe your issue is with the GoDaddy certificate itself.  See TomL's blog entry on the topic:

http://blogs.technet.com/toml/archive/2007/03/26/pic-godaddy-certs.aspx

Z

Monday, June 4, 2007 6:05 PM
  • Well, we had it working on LCS 2005, and on the same server upgraded to OCS 2007.  It just been since we've switched to OCS 2007 on a totally new server with a re-keyed certificate that we've been having problems.  Not saying that it's not cause of Godaddy, but I may try out a new cert to see what happens.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 6:10 PM
  • So it turns out it more than likely is the Godaddy certificate, but not for obvious reasons.  Godaddy uses an intermediate certificate authority for it's certs.  It worked fine with the old certs, but they changed intermediate certificate authorities about four months ago.  Public IM won't work with this new authority.  So, that's my issue.

I'm now looking at Ensure for the cert. 

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 5:48 PM