All Ready have a Back up and Restore completely set-up. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP Pavilliaan a1710n. AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+. Hard Drive is 320GB, and the memory is 1024MB. With Windows Vista, Home Premium edition. I down loaded the One Care Protection as a free trial, with the understanding that it priovided the Back up and Restore Service. I assumed that I would be able to refuse it or that it would recognize that I all ready had one in place. My D drive is a back up system, contaaining all the information on it when the computer was manufactured. Data is set to Restore during certain updates and/ or downloads.
    I can not find information anywhere as to what to do if the System all ready exists. I chose to turn it off, but it does not give you that option. I waited to see if the options would be available when the time came to back up, and a refusal was made. Status was lowered to fair.
    What am I overlooking?

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:56 PM

Answers

• To turn off One care backup, open One Care>Change Settings>Backup>Configure Backup, uncheck "Turn on backup on this PC".
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:50 AM

All replies

• To turn off One care backup, open One Care>Change Settings>Backup>Configure Backup, uncheck "Turn on backup on this PC".
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:50 AM
  • Thanx, I let the "click next if you want to configure your PC only" page stop me from going forward. I was only one page away.
    Thank-You for answering my Question.

Thursday, May 7, 2009 3:49 AM