none
Trying to Sync Computer Data with USB Flash Drive Data and the flash drive is encrypted with Sandisk SecureAccess software. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to sync files from my computer to usb flash drive and vice versa. SyncToy allows me easily to do this, and I am okay with that part, however I am using a Sandisk Ultra 16 GB flash drive which is encrypted with SanDisk SecureAccess software. This is a problem, as I am unable to access the location of the secure files when setting up a sync, nor am I able to sync the secure files to my comp. Now, I could just use the flash drive as a regular old storage device (with no encryption), but I don't want to compromise security for easy data transfer between comp/usb.

Is there any way I can avoid this compromise and sync my files while continuing to use the SecureAccess tool?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Friday, December 23, 2011 8:53 PM

All replies

• I have the same question - and have been researching it intensively for the last couple of days without joy - but noting no reply here from Microsoft in nearly a year - I'll presume that means they don't care ...

looks like the rest of the world is busy uploading their Facebook snaps to DropBox and the iCloud - leaving you and me buddy as the only people in the world who care about synchronising AND securing files on a USB drive ...

Monday, November 19, 2012 11:16 AM