MSCRMAddIn: Outlook addin was not initialized RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

On a terminal server of one of our clients the following error occurs.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MSCRMAddin
    Event Category: None
    Event ID 5904
    Date: 2/3/2010
    Time: 16:10:10
    User: N/A
    Computer: NAME_OF_TS
    Description:
    The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in was not initialized because it was started under a Microsoft Outlook profile for which Microsoft CRM was not installed. Restart Microsoft Outlook under an appropriate profile, or install Microsoft CRM for the current profile. HR = 0x0. Context = CStateEngine. Function = CInitializeState:: Initialize. Line = 72.

It returns every 5 minutes exaclty in the EventViewer.
    The error is kind of weird because all users that work on the TS can acces CRM through Outlook. Alse the administrator account has Outlook with CRM. We've already tried the following things:

- Checked roles & priveleges & license client access (setting at the bottom of user entity).
    - Ran the ConfigWizard for all users the access CRM through Outlook

Does anybody have an suggestion that could solve this problem.

If you need more information, dont be afraid to ask.

Thanks in advance!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Joey,
    I had this problem on my previous laptop and I tried a lot of things like repair, reinstall, reconfigure etc.

I notice that problem it's in the registry outside MSCRM branch. Just now I not remember where but system it's checking this in the registry if you're opening an Outlook. So I used the Sysinternals brilliant tools (Procmon) and I analyze it. On the TS may be the different error but you can check this solution.
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:57 PM