Creating new dictionaries RRS feed

• General discussion

• The available dictionaries are still too few. My language (Greek) has been left out in the cold to dry once more. Considering that the OpenOffice project has dictionaries for everyone, isn't there a tool to compile these .tlx and .clx files ?

Am I the only one interested in this ?
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:02 PM

All replies

• We should have lots and lots more dictionaries coming with the next beta, now that we are using the Office spelling engine. Sorry for the long wait, this has been a pain point for us for a long time.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 11:29 PM
  • Joe Cheng [MSFT] said:

We should have lots and lots more dictionaries coming with the next beta, now that we are using the Office spelling engine. Sorry for the long wait, this has been a pain point for us for a long time.

No Joe,

I run the latest and except English, no other dictionaries are available. Am I missing something, so somebody in MSF missed to provide truthful information?
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:48 PM
  • Boggy,

English dictionaries are available in all builds. Other dictionaries are only available in the build for that language. For example, to get the Greek dictionary you'd have to install the Greek build.

Here is the list of dictionaries that are available in their respective language builds:

Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesia, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian-Cyrillic, Serbian-Latin, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukranian
    Friday, December 19, 2008 5:55 AM