Rounding Policy Greyed Out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Running Dynamics CRM 2011 Online & have a need to implement rounding.

When I go into a Price List item with a pricing method of currency, Rounding policy is greyed out. I also tried this by chnaging price to say 98cents but problem still exists.

Any idea why this might be so?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 11:29 AM

Answers

• For anyone else having this problem i worked out the solution.

Trick is to change pricing decimal precision (Settings > System settings) to 3

Then when adding prices use 3 decimal places (even though currency is selected)

For example when I want to get to a tax inclusive (10% GST)  figure of $170.00 the net figure is $154.545

(we use MTax from Magnetism to handle tax calculations)

Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by tango2310 Friday, July 27, 2012 12:01 PM
    Friday, July 27, 2012 12:01 PM

All replies

• The rounding method is greyed out by default, this is a Out of box feature. If you user a more sophisticated pricing method, such as percent of list or percent of markup, rounding options would be available to determine a policy for price rounding. 

As in case of Pricing method as "currency amount" you can fill the amount you like (i.e. you can fill the rounded amount) so rounding is required. But in case you select percentage of current cost (or any other percentage option) the price can come out to be in points which might needs to be rounded.

Hope this helps.

-Devashish
    http://thecrmworld.wordpress.com
    http://ebizartisans.com

• Edited by Devashish Bajpai Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by tango2310 Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:50 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by tango2310 Friday, July 27, 2012 12:01 PM
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Thanks Devashish,

Problem is we are using a third party tax calculator for adding tax & problem is we are getting prices of $170.01

Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:51 AM
  • In that case you will need to manually round the amount and then update in system 

Suresh kumar

Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:55 AM
  • For anyone else having this problem i worked out the solution.

Trick is to change pricing decimal precision (Settings > System settings) to 3

Then when adding prices use 3 decimal places (even though currency is selected)

For example when I want to get to a tax inclusive (10% GST)  figure of $170.00 the net figure is $154.545

(we use MTax from Magnetism to handle tax calculations)

Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by tango2310 Friday, July 27, 2012 12:01 PM
    Friday, July 27, 2012 12:01 PM