none
About Windows Live Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The new forums seem to be nice, but the e-mails sent by Windows Live Alerts are nearly null

I received that
    You have received the following alert from MSDN Forums provided by Windows Live Alerts Service

Another user, TaylorMichaelL, has replied to a forums thread you have subscribed to!

Thread Title Problems with Solution Folders
    Started by: David Williams

The Microsoft Developer Network

Add more alerts
    Go to My Alerts page to view your alerts
    Go to MSDN Forums
    Which thread ?
    Which forum ?

I've gone to My Alerts page : empty

That's useless

I hope that is because of the start of these forums

Frankly, for the alerts, could you do a rollback ?

I like VC# so i'm sometimes posting
    But in comparison, i prefer the way of management of the alerts on the Sql Server Forums. Maybe less innovator, but more readable and comprehensive

Have a nice day
    Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helped you. Unmark if it provides no help
    Monday, June 2, 2008 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Here is a clever way for the Windows Alerts :

Alerts from Microsoft Forums
    There's a new post in a Forums thread you are tracking !

Re: Those darn connection strings from C# application
    Posted by Ireland94 in SQL Server Express

Sadly, the connection string you provided does not work

@"Server=AMERICAN-27A681\SQLEXPRESS;Database=MARS;Trusted_Connection=Yes; User Instance=True"

I have also tried to (1) add new "administrator" priviledge account to computer (2) login as new with new account (3) add database and table with new account (4) added login to SQL Express logins (5) attempt to use new table with the connection string.

I still get the same message about login failed as per my original message.

I am stumped at this point.

SQL Server Manangement Studio Express works fine.

Click here, to view the Post alert details....

If this reply answers your question, please visit the link above and click "Mark as Correct Answer". This improves search results, helps us build a FAQ, and credits helpful volunteers.

You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone responded to this thread.

To unsubscribe visit: http://forums.microsoft.com/forums/AlertSubscriptions.aspx?SiteID=1

Thanks,
    Microsoft Communities team
    Add more alerts
    Go to My Alerts page to view your alerts
    Go to Microsoft Forums
    Receive alerts on your mobile phone or other device
    Click here to get set up with MSN Mobile
    You received this email because you subscribed to Windows Live Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from Windows Live Alerts. If you have questions about our privacy policies please read our Privacy Statement. This is a non monitored email account. If you have questions please visit alerts.live.com. This email was sent by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052. ©2006 Microsoft Corporation.
    Everything is usefull :
    the subject of the thread
    the name of the poster ( and date time )
    the name of the forum
    and the link to the thread

I would want a quick answer :
    is this way depending of the forum ( Sql Server Express ) or of the fact it is the new version of the forum ?

If it's depending of the owner of the forum, how can i tell him/her that new way is useless ?

If it depends the fact the forum has moved , could you do patch for that ?
    It's already enough painful to change moved,not moved forums, when i'm trying to help posters, i don't want to loose time for that

Now, there is a good grumbling about the frequent logs out or an error has been logged on the Sql Server Forums , this morning ( for me ) 3 tries to send a post ...
    I consider that's useless to begin a new thread about that, the only answer i've got ( except grumbling posters ) is a silence near absolute ( except from the poor Doreen Allen  who is always trying to calm everybody , thanks to her )

In case you would be interested, no log out problem on the moved forums ( i can't miss to give you a greetings )

Have a nice day

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helped you. Unmark if it provides no help
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 9:14 AM
  • We're working on some improvements (some of the ones you suggested) in an upcoming release. Details in Sam's post here.
    Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:32 PM