CRM 2011 and Dashboard Views RRS feed

• Question

• Our CRM Admin quit... I now have CRM Admin rights, however, the previous Admin created a Dashboard, assigned it to a specific user, but now another user needs to see this dashboard as well.

I shared the Dashboard with myself and the employee who needs to see it as well and neither of us can see it.  All six grids say "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM object or perform the requested operation.  For more information, contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator."

Well, I am the CRM admin, however, I am brand new to CRM and am learning it as I go.

I cannot log in as the previous CRM admin (1) because his CRM account was disabled and (2) the company deleted his Active Directory Account :(

Does anyone have a solution for me??

Thank you in advance !!!!

• Edited by Kensmith89 Friday, March 27, 2015 4:18 PM Bolded the error
    Friday, March 27, 2015 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hello Ken,

Few things to check here... going by the error it seems like that both of you are missing privilege on entities. Can you please check the below point and confirm:-

1. Do you have system Admin rights?
    2. Check, if the user's access mode is read write and license type is full.
    3. Check on the permission of the entity, view and dashboard as well.

Regards
    Abhishek

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Saturday, March 28, 2015 4:02 AM
  • HI Ken,

To view the dashboard, you must have access to the charts associated. If you are System Administrator then you should have access to those charts by default. If not, then you need to share those charts with yourself as well.

Regards,
    Henri

Monday, March 30, 2015 12:44 AM
  • @ Abhishek and Henri

Thank you both for your suggestions.  I do have System Customizer and Administrator access.  In fact, I have the exact same Roles as the CRMADMIN account, yet I cannot view the dashboard but the user account CRMADMIN can.

So, I logged in as the CRMADMIN account and shared the views and charts to myself and now I can view the dashboard.  Since this worked for me, I shared the views and charts with the employee who needs to view the dashboard as well.

Again.. thank you both for replying.  It's always nice to know there are others willing to help

Monday, March 30, 2015 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

To explain what happened here, 'personal' views, charts, and dashboards cannot be seen by anyone other than the person who created them OR whoever they have shared them with or assigned them to. Even if you are system administrator, it doesn't matter.

As Ken noted, once he shared those views/charts by logging in as the other user to do so, he could see the dashboard components OK.

This is an important thing to note and should be added to your offboarding HR checklist - either re-assign or delete all personal charts, views and dashboards when a user leaves the business else they can end up sitting there forever cluttering up other user's view/chart/dashboard lists.

Finally, always remember, if a personal dashboard is shared, always ensure the components (lists/charts) are shared beforehand to avowing the red X permissions errors.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Monday, March 30, 2015 10:09 PM
    Answerer